Re: UPS

On 26 Dec 1997 03:41:08 GMT, "Eloy A. Paris" wrote:

> Uhhmmm, the UPS-HOWTO is an excellent document, but if you want an
> "out of the box" solution instead of a "do it yourself" one Exide
> Electronics (same as Deltec Power) sells UPS's that come with LanSafe
> III, a software that runs on NT, NetWare and major U*nix flavors
> (including Linux).

Thanks, I was unfamiliar with Exide/Deltec and LanSafe.  I got a lot of
good hits with a search and I see they're rated very highly.

While the UPS-HOWTO is very informative, I was  also looking for a
Linux oriented consumer review of UPS models and features, some Linux
user's web pages with a little more up to date info than the Aug 1994
date shown in one part of the HOWTO, as well as a survey of first hand
experiences with different UPS brands and models by Linux users.
--
David Stern

kotsya@u.washington.edu
http://weber.u.washington.edu/~kotsya/