Re: NFS

Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 25, 1997 at 09:01:38AM -0500, Tim Sailer wrote:
> > Comment the ALL:PARANOID line in /etc/hosts.deny and try it again
>
> You put me on the right track with that; once I added
> portmap, rpc.nfsd and rpc.mountd to /etc/hosts.allow, it works.
>
> The manual page for portmap does mention that it is protected
> by the tcp_wrapper library. I guess I assumed tcp wrappers weren't
> involved because it wasn't run through tcpd.

Misconfigured tcp_wrappers is a major support issue with me. We are
building a set of pages for our usergroup to help people out. I'm
advising (for what it's worth) for people to log tcp_wrapper output
to a separate file so it's easier to locate, otherwise it can get
lost in the noise of a busy syslog.
http://llug.sep.bnl.gov if anyone is interested.

Tim

--
 (work) sailer@bnl.gov / (home) tps@buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
       "Management decisions have no effect on the laws of physics."