Full Root

My root partition, of 400 megs is full. The partition   /usr  and that of
/var are all on their own partition.  I have looked in every directory for
a core file, and have scanned for viruses.  There is no reason that the
root partition should be filled to capacity and I can't seem to find the
reason that it is.  Fsck, shows the drive as find.  Any help in this matter
would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Anthony
landrena@idsno.com