Re: Help I broke my X instalation.

On Fri, 19 Dec 1997, Kevin J Poorman wrote:

> I very very carefully followed the instructions in the
> lic5-lic6-Mini-HOWTO.txt and upgraded to libc6 today .... Great.... I
> thought that the <Packagename> and the <packagename>g files could coexist
> ... apearntly not ... the xlib6g replaced my xlib6 package rendering my x
> instalation unuseable .... now when I try and open a rxvt I get a message
> about not being able to open a library that I have traced back the xlib6
> package ... now my question is this ... did I install something wrong
> ...? do the g and non g packages coexit peacefully ... where can I get a
> libc5 linked xlib6 package that can coexist with the libc6 linked
> xlib6....

You need to download the latest version of the librarys from hamm, often
now located in the oldlibs section of the archive.  I will be mentioning
that (and placing a large warning about forcing packages) in my updated
howto which I plan to get done this weekend.

--
Scott K. Ellis <storm@gate.net>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/