xcdroast and generic scsi

I'm having a problem getting xcdroast to start -- I get this message:

   Error: Some or all Generic-SCSI-Devices are missing.
   Please create first the devices. Run "./MAKEDEV.sg"
   in the xcdroast-0.95c directory.

Trouble is, there _is_ no xcdroast-0.95c directory. The MAKEDEV.sg script is
not on my system. I read the xcdroast README and it said to run the file
"./syscheck" for troubleshooting; that file too doesn't seem to exist.

I've burned CDs before -- I have a working HP SureStore 6020i and have
successfully used cdwrite etc. in the past. My cdwriter is on /dev/sr0; the
README said that both sr0 and sr1 should exist, so I made a symlink from
/dev/scd1 to /dev/sr1. I also have the devices sg[0-7] and sgb; I ran
"./MAKEDEV sg" in the /dev directory, which didn't do anything but then I
ran "./MAKEDEV sg[a-g]" which seemed to create the device files that
xcdroast thinks I need. Still no go. Does anyone know what I should do next?

Thanks.

Michael Stutz  .  http://dsl.org/m/  .  copyright disclaimer etc
stutz@dsl.org  :  finger for pgp     :  http://dsl.org/copyleft/