Re: I burst my LILO (new user)

In article <91BEEEAE5867D1118FDB00A02456BF3DA1FA@twexchangesvr>,
	ADRIAN.CLAYTON@TELEWARE.CO.UK (ADRIAN CLAYTON) writes:
> I can reboot from the Rescue Disk OK, but otherwise it goes:
> LI
> LI
> (hangs without getting to LO)
>From /usr/doc/lilo/Manual.txt.gz:

LILO start message
- - - - - - - - -

When LILO loads itself, it displays the word "LILO". Each letter is printed
before or after performing some specific action. If LILO fails at some
point, the letters printed so far can be used to identify the problem. This
is described in more detail in the technical overview.

[snip]

   LI   The first stage boot loader was able to load the second stage boot
    loader, but has failed to execute it. This can either be caused by a
    geometry mismatch or by moving /boot/boot.b without running the map
    installer.

Try logging in as root and running lilo.  If this fails (it will be obvious)
it may be easiest to just re-install the lilo package.
--
                                       _ _
Steve Kostecke                        | (_)_ __  _   ___  __