Re: Partitioning

Hi Gertjan

One thing still puzzles me that I hope you can clear up for me.
Supposing I buy a brand new hard disk. IDE, SCSI or whatever.
To use it, I have to partition it, using a utility like FDISK .
FDISK writes the MBR and Partition Table. Right ?

If I go and start copying files to any of the partitions, the data can't be
read.
Because I have to format or initialize the partition before writing to it .
Right ?

So how come the system can write/read the MBR and partition table ???

Chuma