Re: Sanyo 20x CDROM

kestrel@aye.net wrote:

> I just got a Sanyo 20x ide/atapi cdrom drive and my kernel detects it
> but I
> can't seem to mount it to /cdrom, what /dev/... file is the sanyo cd
> linked
> to? every one I found I tried got the following message:
>
> the kernel doesn't recognize ....... as a block device

I had the exact same problem last weekend ... my cdrom (also a Sanyo
20x) is mounted as primary on the second IDE interface, so the correct
device to use was /dev/hdc. So try /dev/hd[a-d] depending on how you
configured your cdrom.
The /dev/cdrom device is linked to /dev/sjcd which is the proprietary
interface and does not work.

Good luck,

-- Reiner --