Re: Sanyo 20x CDROM

kestrel@aye.net wrote:

> I just got a Sanyo 20x ide/atapi cdrom drive and my kernel detects it but I
> can't seem to mount it to /cdrom, what /dev/... file is the sanyo cd linked
> to? every one I found I tried got the following message:
>
> the kernel doesn't recognize ....... as a block device

Ok, this seems pretty easy.  If the kernel recognized it, then the first
step would be to find out what device name it places it as.  (Where
you're at right now.)..  First off, is it an IDE/ATAPI CDROM drive?  If
so look for it under the /dev/hd<n> files where <n> is a number from
1-?.  Otherwise, if it's a proprietary interface, see if you can find it
in the CDROM documentation in the kernel.  This should tell you which
device it attaches it to (IE: In the case of a SONY CDU31A drive, this
results in /dev/cdu31a.. pretty simple.).

Ok, I won't be that lazy.  Sanyo eh?  Here's what I found:

Try /dev/sjcd.  This is the device that the default Sanyo driver should
attach your CDROM to.

Hope this helps.