Re: AMD K6

> > So if you get a new chip then it shouldn't have any problems?

> Yes, but talking quite frankly with the techs there, they said the
> fastest they are turning them back around is 7-9 weeks. 2 months
> without a CPU??

a couple of things:

a) the buggy chips are no longer avaialable.

b)  it really isn't significant.  It only occurs in *really* obscure places.  I'm not sure that anybody saw it in linux save during kernel compiles untell they went seriously looking.

c)  i have'nt looked for a few weeks, but the hardware newsgroups were reporting almost instant turn-around.  As well as the ability, if you lived nearby, to walk it through.

rick