Re: setting up a cable-modem

On 14-Dec-97 Aaron Walker wrote:
> The card is made by General Instruments.  The TV cable does go into the back
> of the
> card.

YIKES! That is ALL we need, RF interference problems from computers on the
cable-TV circuit.  The reason I was skeptical was that I was with a company
desinging the power supplies for a couple of different cable modem companies.
WHen asked why they didn't just put it on a card in the PC, the answer was RF
interference problems.  Sorry for doubting you, just that all the cable-modems I
have seen have been ehternet to the computer.