Re: "Clock skew detected."

On Sun, Dec 14, 1997 at 01:08:00AM -0500, Christopher Jason Morrone wrote:

> I'm trying to compile the 2.0.32 kernel and I'm getting this at the end of
> the "make-kpkg clean" and "make-kpkg --revision=custom.1.0 kernel_image":
>
> make: *** Warning:  Clock skew detected.  Your build may be incomplete.
>
> What exactly does this error mean?
>
> I'm running a completely hamm distribution (except for apsfilter which I
> couldn't find in hamm yet...).

We had a post about this just recently; maybe a look through
the list archives at www.debian.org for November and December
might help.

If I recall correctly, it happens because some of the files which make
is looking at to determine what to recompile are dated in the future,
either due to clock skew like it says, or NFS or another network
file sharing system with another computer having the clock ahead
of the one running make.

hamish