Problem with netscape

Say,

does anybody know why this happens every once in a while?

I'm running Netscape 3.01 on Debian 1.3.1 on a K5-100 system.
For months at a time it is perfectly stable and then, for no
reason that I am able to fathom, when I run netscape
it never shows up.  A quick ps -ax shows a zombied netstat process.
In fact, I am completely unable to get netscape to come up without
a complete restart.

I am running a stock 2.0.32 kernel.

--
Jon Nelson
U of MN Housing and Res. Life Computing Supervisor