Re: Mail Server?

On Fri, 12 Dec 1997, Robinet David Jeremy wrote:

>   Hi. I'm going to be setting up a dedicated network connection for a
> client across the border. He has asked me about a separate mail server
> (on top of the web/cgi server with the Net connection) to offload some of
> the duties of the main server.
>
>   I'm a little confused as to how exactly I would accomplish this. I know
> it's possible. I'm familiar with PPP, and I've set up the one server to
> communicate on the Net (with a little help from the HOWTO... :)... but
> how would I have all incoming mail sent to the second computer for
> processing etc?

When I send mail through my ISP, I direct pine's smtp to the mail server
(by name, ie mail.polaris.net) my ISP askes me to use. I assume that
smail/sendmail on other machines on the "local" net would be pointed at
that server as well.

Luck,

Dwarf
--
_-_-_-_-_-_-   Author of "The Debian User's Guide"    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-