RE: Are 120 MB diskspace enough?

Hi Thomas

>Hi all!
>
>I'm going to set up a server for some network-experiments. The machine
>shall run a mail and database-server and perhaps a web-server.
>
>For the possible hardware I'm offered a 486 DX2/66, 16 MB RAM, 120 MB
>HDD. Now the question is: Are 120 MB disk-space sufficient? I have my
>doubts about this. But as this will be my first linux-machine I'm not
>sure.
>
>Again, it will only be used for above mentioned purposes. No GUI or
>any
>other apps like StarOffice or Netscape are required. The served
>network
>are only two other machines. And I expect the stored data to be less
>than 20 MB.

120Mb should be enough, me and my friend did something similar the
other day.  Remember to make at least 10MB or more swap depending on
your RAM size.

The only problem is that debian does by default install lots of weird
stuff (like emacs, which is BIG).  After just deselecting some unneeded
things in dselect we cut the default installation down from 90MB to
about 50...  Could do even more if we wanted

>What size are the needed components?
>
>I hope someone can help me with his opinion!
>
>Thanks,
>Thomas

Xheers
Neilen