Trouble information request

 I use a TOSHIBA Satellite 220CDS, at the time I turn on the PC, the rear
 fan does not rotate, but the computer works fine. I have worked during
 periods of four and even five hours continously and the fan has not
 worked at any time. I have consulted with other owners and they have the
 same sympthom.  I suppose this is a normal condition and the fan should
 work when in oveheating ranges.  So I am contacting other users to
 confirm my suspect.  In case that you do not have idea about this
 problem. Could you give some address at which I can ask about?