PPP problem (?)

Hello again!!!
Thanks for helping me set my Debian system last week. Everything works OK
but the ppp connection.
The modem problem was an incorrect irq setting. Now I'm able to dial. I
downloaded XISP and configured it (was pretty easy - cleaver user
interface!) and dialed (using PAP). It finished negotiating with the
server quickly (took it less time then win.95 does it - isn't PAP a
win.95 protocol?) and changed the IP from --------- to
???.???.???.??? when ? is a digit from 0 to 9. I thought I was connected,
but when I tried to use lynx, ftp or telnet they told me they couldn't
find host. (when I configured XISP I included the two DNS addresses my
ISP use). Am I missing something?

Please help.
Thanks in advance,

Liran Zvibel.