AMD 5x86 and reboot

I've run into a problem, I just installed a Kingston TurboChip (AMD 5x86
133Mhz) designed to run like a P-75 on a 486 motherboard, everything runs
fine until I reboot, when I do I get a page error and a prompt to login for
maintainance but can't reboot at all, what do I need to do to correct this
problem? This happens on a 2.0.31 kernel built for 486, and a 2.0.32 kernel
built for pentium so far

           G'razel the shifty kitty
     Tapestries FurryMUCK SPR Furtoonia
kestrel@aye.net   http://www.aye.net/~kestrel