Re: xxgdb or ddd

> Hello all:
>
> I'm trying to use xxgdb or ddd to debug a small program.
> With xxgdb when I attempt to load a program (compiled
> with the -g option) I get a segmentation fault. When I try
> to use ddd, I get can't malloc.
>
> I there something other than the -g option I must use ?

The -g option during compiling _and_ linking should be enough.  For g++,
you could use -gstabs+.

What exactly did you do in xxgdb?  If you get a segmentation fault while
running the program, try the `where' command to see where  the program
was when it crashed.  The debugger will not stop a program from
crashing, it will (among other things) let you inspect the status of the
program when it crashes.

Eric Meijer

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032