Re: multiple X sessions problem

E Papantoniou wrote:
> my problem is that I cannot run more than one X server at the same time.
> When I am logged in as a user one and run startx on display :0.0, I do
> Ctrl-Alt-F2, log in as a user two and type startx -- :1.0

What version of the X packages are you running? There have been bugs in
the startx script that would cause exactly this problem.

To find out what version of X you are running:

$ dpkg -s xbase | grep Version

Mine says:
Version: 3.3.1-2

If you want a working startx script I can send you mine [1]. This should
work on any recent version of X (at least on any 3.2 or 3.3 version, I
think).

Remco

[1] This is the standard startx package from the xbase package, version
3.3.1-2 .