Re: multiple X sessions problem

Remco Blaakmeer wrote:

> E Papantoniou wrote:
> > my problem is that I cannot run more than one X server at the same time.
> > When I am logged in as a user one and run startx on display :0.0, I do
> > Ctrl-Alt-F2, log in as a user two and type startx -- :1.0

I eventually managed to run the second X session using

xinit -- :1

instead of startx -- :1

which makes me think you might be right talking about a bug.

> What version of the X packages are you running? There have been bugs in
> the startx script that would cause exactly this problem.

my software specification is:

kernel 2.0.31, X configuration:

XFree86 Version 3.3 / X Window System
Release Date: Jun  2 1997
Operating System: Linux 2.0.21 i486 [ELF]
Configured drivers:
  S3: accelerated server for S3 graphics adaptors (Patchlevel 0)
      newmmio, mmio_928, s3_generic

> If you want a working startx script I can send you mine [1]. This should
> work on any recent version of X (at least on any 3.2 or 3.3 version, I
> think).
>
> Remco
>
> [1] This is the standard startx package from the xbase package, version
> 3.3.1-2 .

If you can please send me your startx script to check for differences
against mine

thanks, Manos