Re: CGI Error

On Sun, 7 Dec 1997, Paul Miller wrote:

: Unfortunately that is the first thing... it runs on other systems, so I'm
: clueless..  It wasn't able to run from the server cgi-bin, so I don't
: think it is suEXEC's problem, but Apache's.
:
: Thanks

Are you sure that you have a <ScriptAlias> directive set up for your
cgi-bin directory?  I've seen a few people that have moved their cgi dir
and can't figure it out after that.

If you have the proper <ScriptAlias> directive, check your <Directory>
directives.  These are found in srm.conf and access.conf respectively,
if you have a stock Debian Apache install.

I myself put all Apache directives into httpd.conf, as recommended in
the Laurie book on Apache.  Makes it less likely that you'll overlook
things.

BTW, www.apache.org is invaluable when you're examining your
configuration.

Finally, i don't use suEXEC, so I can't say one way or the other whether
that's you're problem.  I do know that if Apache is your problem that
it's very likely it's setup improperly.

: