Re: Q's about upgrading to hamm

So of those not so easily confused as the rest of us may well correct
this.  I also have done the force on libc6 but think that it has something
to do with just exactly which 'old' libc5 is on your system.  _If_ I
remember correctly, you can not install the libc5 from hamm first because
it _definately_ depends upon libc6.

Maybe some can confirm this, but if you don't upgrade to the latest bo
then there is a chance that you might not have exactly the expected
response when using the libc5->libc6 mini-HOWTO.

For the time (actually times since I had a similar problem with the
hamm/m68k version) that I did force, I followed the HOWTO exactly until
the force and then immediately upgraded each of the conflicting packages
before continuing with the HOWTO and that seemed to work without further
problem.

best,
-bill
      bleach@BellSouth.net  b.leach@Worldnet.att.net
           b.leach@usa.net  LinuxPC@Hotmail.com
    -->Please note wrl@bellsouth.net does not work<--
     -->nor does <anyone>@<anyhost>.wconsult.com<--
==>and yes eventually I'll get the mailer figured out<==
from a 1996 Micro$loth ad campaign:
"The less you know about computers the more you want Micro$oft!"
         See!  They do get some things right!