Re: HTTP background tool

"Orn E. Hansen" <oe.hansen@oehansen.pp.se> writes:

> Hi,
>
>   I was wondering if anyone knew of a tool, that will basically
> connect to a site through port 80, using HTTP and download a document
> in the background?
>
>   Some sites are very slow, and they only provide HTTP access to the
> information they provide... while it would be nice to be able to
> download some links with a command line tool.
>
>   Any links or hints are appreciated.

I use "snarf".  It can do command line grabs from http, finger, ftp, and
gopher.  Seems to work reasonably well, and it's super simple to use.

I'm not sure if it's still available or not - I don't see it in my mirror.
Let me know if it's not - I'll package it.

Later,
	Dale
--
| Dale E. Martin | University of Cincinnati Savant Research Laboratory |