RE: ThinkPad 560

On 30-Nov-97 Matt Thompson wrote:
>I seem to be having trouble configuring a custom kernel.  The only
>kernels that work are on the 'tecra' rescue disk, and the one I got from
>Valery Petrov's site, but those don't support fat32 and when I make a boot
>floppy from the rescue disk, it loads the kernel then immediately reboots
>when it tries to boot the kernel.

I have successfully installed Debian 1.3 on my Thinkpad using the 'tecra' disks.
To get a useful boot floppy, I had to be sure to install the kernel from the
rescue floppy onto the harddisk prior to making a boot floppy (if I remember
correctly).  I always have to make sure to force make-kpkg to make zImages when
I recompile the kernel (to add FAT32 support for instance).

Paul