Re: My new project (repost)

I agree with you 100%... I sat on a tech support line for 2 hours at a cost of $
35 for networking help in Windows 95. After all of that I ended up fixing the
 configuration problem in my networking myself. They tried to convince me it
was my new 200 MMX processor and board that wasn't handling the communications w
ith the modem properly... Of course I knew better.

I want to let all of the new Linux users and future users that may be lurking in
 this list... still sitting on the perverbial fence... deciding if Linux is righ
t for them; GO FOR IT! I have never seen such a dedicated group of unselfish peo
ple that ride these lists night and day helping all of us out of jams. I have wo
rked in tech support for a major company and I will attest to the fact that they
 hire people who follow cheat sheets and have never touched a computer before. I
 was over qualified and over paid in their eyes because I am a free thinker and
knowledgable. I always try new and challenging ways to correct problems. For tha
t I was fired.

I know that appreciation is not often shown because of the lack of personal cont
act on the net. A lot of body language is missing over this medium. I just want
to thank all of the gurus that have spent untold hours answering questions and n
ursing us along and developing tight bonds between the users, hackers and develo
pers. You guys are fantastic and we owe you a great deal. We may be scattered...
 we may be volunteers... but we have shown that you don't have to be locked in a
 lab to generate a fantastic and powerful operating system that is years in adva
nced of the rest.

Keith

E-Mail: Keith Holler <azcappy@psychobabble.dyn.ml.org> ICQ: #5386440
Date: 04-Dec-97
Time: 03:29:14
   __   _
 / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  . . .  t h e   c h o i c e   o f   a