Re: SCSI Errors and Resetting

> Hi,
>
> First off: _very_ cool list!  Lurking here has been exceedingly helpful.

Hi.

Thanks, we'll keep up :)

> We're running Debian 1.3.1 (bo, kernel 2.0.30) on an Intel "Premier
> PCI II" motherboard, with a 90MHz Penti, 32MB, BusLogic BT-948, and
> Quantum Fireball Drive.  Several times a day we get messages on the
> console describing a SCSI error, the system is momentarily frozen,
> and then everything is fine . . .

I had exactly the same kind of errors with my SyJet drive. I found it
defective and exchanged for another one - no errors now. Meanwhile I think
I found the reason of it - disk just can't keep the pace of negotiated
synchronous transfer. The cure might be to disable synchronous mode
in your adapter with this drive or to replace the drive ;(
Oh, yeah, and check your cables ...

Alex Y.

--
   _