Re: Backup systems: opinions wanted

>>>>> "manoj" == Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:

    manoj> I guess I would like to hear abot dump vs afio.

i am using afio to back up the important parts of the system, with the
aid of a small script similar to those at /usr/doc/afio/examples, and
am quite happy with it.

my backup medium is fast (iomega jaz drive), so perfomance issues
aren't in question.  as far as the reliability is concerned, i use
only "afio -r" right after backups.  i've had no problems up to now...
--
tibor.simko@aleph.dpp.fmph.uniba.sk