Re: tip: X and matrox millenium II

>>"Donald" == Donald R Harter <ah230@traverse.lib.mi.us> writes:

Donald> I finally got my Matrox MIllenium II card to work with X and
Donald> debian.  The reason I had so much trouble, is that none of the
Donald> debian xserver releases have the latest SVGAxserver with the
Donald> matrox millenium driver.  Not even hamm has these drivers.
Donald> Confusion is caused by the numbering of the debian releases.
Donald> The latest release of X is 3.3.1(ftp.XFree86.org) Hamm had a
Donald> release number of 3.3.3.  This is not the latest version.  You
Donald> have to go the XFree86 ftp site after following the
Donald> instructions at the http://matrox.alloy.net site.  I hope this
Donald> saves somebody some time and aggravation.

	I think that is not the case. We do seem to have 3.3.1 in
 Hamm, et least. I agree that does not help people on Debian 1.3.1 (R6
 at the last count), but people on unstable have reasonably bleeding
 edge XFree86 distributions.

__> dpkg -s xserver-svga
Package: xserver-svga
 This package provides an X server suitable for use with all SVGA video
 cards. The server also makes use of the accelerator features of Cirrus,
 Western Digital and Oak chipsets.
 "GOTO statement considered harmful" Dijkstra, title to a letter in
 CACM 11, 3 (March, 1968)

debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .