Re: Hardware ?

Brian M. Rectanus wrote:

> Hey all,
>  I was going to buy a SCSI card for a SyQuest SyJet drive, and was
> wordering if anyone had luck with the Adaptec AHA-2910B card?  It's
> not listed in the Hardware Howto.

Despite the Herculean effort of the good folks who program the
Adaptec drivers, they still have bugs and probably always will
because, the last I heard, Adaptec is not terribly friendly to the
Linux community especially as compared to Buslogic.  Buslogic
actually gives out the needed information to the people who develop
the Buslogic drivers so there's no "Well, I guess that's how it
works" built into the driver.

Take a look at http://www.dandelion.com/Linux/

Paul Serice