Re: PnP modem woes continue, IRQ never fires for modem

> Another test-- can you use the modem with one of Windows'
> "Standard 28800 modem" type drivers, or do you have
> to use on specifically for your modem?

A tech-support person with the company that built
my system just told me that all 56K modems they
deal with are 'Windows-based'.  We walked through
a simple AT command in DOS, and COM1 (ie, 0x3f8)
emitted an I/O error.

> AFAIK WinModem is a USR idea, while your modem is Lucent
> based, ie K56Flex (USR is x2). So I think it's unlikely
> to be the problem.

Interesting.  This modem came from Computer Peripherals.
Maybe they do 'Win modems' based on Lucent chipset.
That seems to be the case....  Sigh.

Guess I might have to buy another modem,
-c