Re: PnP modem woes continue, IRQ never fires for modem

On Tue, Dec 02, 1997 at 08:43:17PM -0600, Charles Read wrote:
> > You mentioned that it doesn't appear in
> > /proc/interrupts; what about /proc/ioports?
>
> Yes, the serial device appears in /proc/ioports
> as:

> 0x3f8:  serial (set)

Hmmm. That's a good sign. Perhaps there IS an IRQ problem;
I noticed you said there is no echo; I sometimes find
that the echo comes back much later when there is an
IRQ conflict, any sign of that?

> BTW, how do you talk to a modem from DOS?
> I want to try what Nathan suggested and see
> if the modem is a 'WinModem'.  How else
> could you tell if not from DOS?

Telix? Grab tlx322-1.zip from the msdos/telix
directory on your local simtelnet mirror,
or use archie, web search etc. You only
need disk 1 (of 4) to get it going.

Hamish