RE: Get Your Mailbox Stuffed with CASH for the Holidays!

The word from the US Postal Service is: According to 18 USC sec 1302
(the Postal Lottery Laws always quoted in these letters) , if the letter
asks you to send money someplace and says that you'll make a big return
on it by forwarding the letter, it's illegal. Doesn't matter if there's
a product for sale or not - if it asks you to send money and promises
you'll get money back it'll illegal. Also, if it's a "send a postcard
and you'll get back a thousand postcards" it's legal (no $$$ changing
hands and a postcard has no real value according to law). 18 USC 1341
(or 1342 - I can't remember) says that causing this mail to be sent is
illegal - you don't have to send it yourself... Fines range from $1000
to $1,000,000 and jail time from 30 days to 30 years.