Re: [semi-off-topic:-] Reasons for Debian/Linux over FreeBSD

On Tue, 2 Dec 1997 tko@westgac3.dragon.com wrote:

> Also, FreeBSD is not commercial software, Red Hat Linux is commercial
> software! (along with all the goodies which come with a commercial product,
> like tech support!)

Actually, Red Hat's tech support is only for installation problems, and
from the commentss I used to see on their mailing list, it was somewhat
lacking (like many commercial products).   The real support comes from the
Red Hat mailing list, which is quite similar to this one, including
participation by the developers as well as users.

----
                            http://www.primenet.com/~nielsen