[semi-off-topic:-] Reasons for Debian/Linux over FreeBSD

I was wondering what sort of arguments folks would give for selecting
Linux over FreeBSD.  This is for a production server in an educational
environment.  The arguments used against Linux were that it was buggy
and goes through too many changes.  I, of course, countered those to a
degree and my main point of advocacy was that Linux works on a wider
variety of hardware.  However, I felt I did an inadequate job; any other
arguments that folks would've used in such a situation?  Please feel
free to reply via e-mail; thanks in advance.

--
 Regards,                 | Debian GNU/ __      o