Re: Communicator 4.

On Mon, Nov 24, 1997 at 11:15:17AM -0800, TJM wrote:
> I've installed communicator 4.03 successfully on my debian 1.3.1, 2.0.30
> kernel system and all works fine.  I would like to know what the advantage
> is to using the installer package rather than the install script that comes
> with the communicator package from netscape.  I know that dselect won't
> offer any options for the package, but are there further advantages to
> installing as a *.deb package?

It also ensures that you have satisfied all the dependencies.

It also makes the default mail non-HTML :-)

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@poboxes.com       | Debian Linux - www.debian.org
http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett   | Because bloated, unstable
PGP key available on public key servers  | operating systems are from MS