Re: zipdirve

On Mon, Nov 24, 1997 at 04:54:02PM -0700, Keith Holler wrote:
> One more thing that might be a bit confusing... The Parallel Zip Drive installs
> as a SCSI device under Linux and does not as of yet support port thru for a prin
> ter plugged into the Zip Drive. If you want to connect your Parallel Zip and a p
> rinter at the same time... you will need 2 Parallel ports. I recommend the SCSI
> type of Zip Drive because it is faster and doesn't screw with your printer.

As well as the new ppa which does this, you can apparently compile printer
support and Zip drive support as modules. Then "all" you have to do is
unload the modules, swap the cables?, and reload the other module!

I've got the parallel version and I'm happy with it's speed - and I save $$
on my phone bills.  On a PC at work I had to change the BIOS from "ECP+EPP"
to just "EPP", otherwise it would use PS/2 style rather than EPP.

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@poboxes.com       | Debian Linux - www.debian.org
http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett   | Because bloated, unstable
PGP key available on public key servers  | operating systems are from MS