RE: IBM 6091-23 Monitor

Hi Peter;

I think that it would be useful if you would supply the following
information:

Is your X installation working ok now with a different monitor?  If so,
what kind of monitor?

What video card do you have?

What error messages (if any) do you get from a "startx" command?
What is implied by "... to no avail."?  Does your X server start up but
give you an "unsynced" display (implying BTW that either you have
entered the wrong values for your monitor or X is still using your "old"
or another monitor)?

There is a relationship between the "Graphics device", the "Screen
section" and the "Monitor Section".  If X can not find a scan rate,
resolution, and screen depth, that is consistent with the requirement of
all sections then the server will not start.

The "Screen Section" entry lists the monitor that will be selected and
what modes are to be tried.

best,
bill