Re: hptools and magicfilter

Jens B. Jorgensen writes:

>Brian K Servis wrote:
>>
>> Mario Filipe writes:
>> >

>  [ initial problem text removed ]
>> >

>> /usr/local/lib/magicfilter/econogsc:
>> #!/usr/bin/tcsh
>> # called as: econogsc <psfile>
>> # send hpset hp escape codes to a tmp file
>> /usr/local/bin/hpset -c econo >! /tmp/prt.$$
>> # append the ghostscript hp escape codes to that tmp file
>> /bin/cat $1 | /usr/bin/gs -q -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -r300 -sDEVICE=cdj550 -sOutputFile=- - >> /tmp/prt.$$
>> # cat the tmp file to stdout
>> /bin/cat /tmp/prt.$$
>> # clean up
>> /bin/rm /tmp/prt.$$
>>

>Why all the mess? Why not:
>
>#!/bin/sh
>/usr/local/bin/hpset -c econo
>/usr/bin/gs -q -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -r300 -sDEVICE=cdj550 -sOutputFile=- -
>                                                                     ^^^
                                                               You forgot
                                                                  this.

Because it worked and that is all that I cared at the time.  Besides,
I wasn't sure if the stdout's and stdin's would get put together,
mixed up or whatever.

Thanks for the tip.  I tried it and it works.

Brian
--
Mechanical Engineering				    servis@purdue.edu
Purdue University		    http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~servis