Re: Debian insides...

On Wed, 26 Nov 1997, jd? wrote:

> Anyhow, i was wondering if there was any documentation on the
> architecture/internals of debian??  Such as memory management and the

Debian doesn't really have internals,  unless you want to know about dpkg.
Assuming you mean the linux kernel and it's associated stuff,  there's a
decent book out called "Linux Kernel Internals"  published by
addison-wesley in 1996.  It explains a lot of things in great detail.
Keep in mind,  though,  that the linux kernel is a VERY fast-moving
target,  so that some of the specifics in the book might be out of date.

                     					Will

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|       You and I and George went strolling through the park one day     |
|           and then you held my hand as if to say,  "I love you".       |
|      Then we passed a brook, and George fell in and drowned himself    |
|             and floated out to sea, leaving you alone with me.         |
|				-- As sung by Red Kelly,  on             |
|			Stan Kenton/Live at the Las Vegas Tropicana      |