hptools and magicfilter

Hi

A couple of days ago, I had a HP660C installed on my Linux box. Installed
magicfilter, enscripts, lprng,... . First question : I chose to use the
550C filter. Is there any filter more recent than that ?

After printing some test pages and seeing that everything was ok i saw
that the printer was always printing in high quality. Since most of the
work doesn't need that quality i started to think about a way to tell the
printer to print in econofast mode. Looking through the debian list mails
my colleague found someone (sorry don't remember your name) that mentioned
hpset. We asked him about where to get it and got it. Apparently hpset
works but I still couldn't get econofast to work. After relooking into
hpset docs I saw that they mentioned something about filters and so i
tried but to no avail. I'll show you my printcap file, and explain what i
was trying to do. Basycally I wanted to have 2 different names for the
same printer. One printing in high quality and the other for the lowest
quality :

My printcap :

lp|dj|hpdj660c|HP Deskjet 660C:\
        :lp=/dev/printer:sd=/var/spool/lpd/hpdj660c:\
        :sh:pw#80:pl#72:px#1440:mx#0:\
        :if=/usr/sbin/dj550c-filter:\
        :af=/var/log/lp-acct:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:

lpecono:\
        :lp=/dev/printer:sd=/var/spool/lpd/hpdj660c:\
        :sh:pw#80:pl#72:px#1440:mx#0:\
        :if=/etc/myfilter:\
        :af=/var/log/lp-acct:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:

The myfilter file looks

#!/bin/sh
hpset -o stdout econo
/usr/sbin/dj550c-filter

I stoped and started the lpd. But if i do lpq lpecono i get :

Printer: lp@neptuno  'HP Deskjet 660C'
 Queue: no printable jobs in queue

Can someone help me ?

I'm using linux 2.0.29 and i updated my debian recently (last week!)

Thank you all

	Mario Filipe
	mjnf@neptuno.uevora.pt
	http://neptuno.uevora.pt/~mjnf