Re: mgetty + autoppp: how to tell username?

> Using mgetty and autoppp utmp/wtmp contains the given string (now a_ppp)
> instead of the real username. Is there a way to set it to the real user or
> I'm stucked at grepping the data from the logfile?

Yep there is an pppd switch called login (it might be +login I can't
remember).  Include that on the pppd command line or in your
/etc/ppp/options file and it will write the user to the utmp file just
like normal.

It will still write the a_ppp entry but as soon as the user has
authenticated (so pppd knows who it's talking to) it will write the utmp
entry.

Adam.

 4050 Lake Otis		    Adam  Shand        (v) +1 907 562 4638
 Anchorage, Alaska     Systems Administrator   (f) +1 907 562 1677
----------------- http://larry.earthlight.co.nz -------------------