Re: X startup problems

Thanks for the help, guys.  Seems I hosed the file I created with
xf86config during the installation.  Re-ran that, added the line below,
and that fixed the problem.  Now if I could find a replacement for that
ghastly login screen...

Hey, while I'm thinking about it and since I can't try it right now,
would adding a line like

:1 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X

allow me to use VT08 for another login, or do I have to do something else?