JAVA + AWT = ARGH!

Ok, I give up. I've been bothering everyone I possibly could on both the
DEBIAN and JAVA mail lists, and I've finally gone nuts.

Is there anyone who has sucessfully gotten any version of java, javac, and
AWT libraries to work together? If so, could they give me a basic rundown
on how they did it?

(In my current situation, I'm using kaffe, and can't find the AWT classes,
 no matter how obvious I make the path!)

Thanks,
	Mike