Re: debian 2.0

On Wed, 19 Nov 1997, Timothy Phan wrote:

>   I think this question has been asked before and I'd like to bring
>   it up again since it been a while.
>
>   Is there a set day for the Debian 2.0 (or the next release after 1.3.1)?

When it's ready. Not before.

>   Where can I find the status of this beside posting this mail frequently!

Please don't keep posting. If you want to find the status, actually
read the mailing list. The progress on the libc6 conversion is a pretty
good indicator of how close we are to being able to freeze stuff for 2.0.

Simon Karpen		slk@shodor.org
Sysadmin, Shodor Education Foundation

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!], `Pray,
Mr.  Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right
answers come out?'  I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of
confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
                -- Charles Babbage