Re: How to use dpkg -b ??

Thanks...

But given the 3 files (diff, dsc, tar), how do I use dpkg-buildpackage? I
tried running it but it says it can't find debian/changelog and can't
determine the source package...

Also, what would be the procedure to customize/patch a package? Would I
untar the original source, make mods to the source, tar it up again, and
then build the package? I'm fuzzy as to what the procedure would be in
order to customize a package.

If I make changes to the original source, wouldn't that invalidate the
diff file?

thanks
Ricardo