Re: Tear-Drop (ip_fragment bug) anyone apply the patch?

Now this has me thinking (again).  How come Debian never puts out kernel source
patch packages?  I mean if I want to go from 2.0.29 to 2.0.30, why should I
have to download the entire kernel source package or apply non-debian patches?
I think that patches that would upgrade a 2.0.29_? package to the latest
2.0.30_? package would be a good idea. I would say to only do this in stable
since you expect unstable to be changing so much that you might want to avoid a
gazillion kernel patch packages. Pulling down a 6meg+ file at home has a way of
pissing off the others that use the debian box as a router to the dialup
connection at home.

Two other things: 1) Anyone interested in a kernel binary differing from the
standard debian kernel only in what is needed for IP-Masquerading?

2) As for the Debian book, I am not sure my reply made it to the list, I got
unsubscribed somehow, but I would like to see a binder where you can subscribe
to updates/additions rather than hard cover.  Updated sheets could be replaced
and new chapters added as Debian evolves. Might change the name to Debian
System Administration Guide.