Re: Can't login anymore

Thanks Oliver. You nailed it.
I had forced install of libreadlineg2, libc6 and a bunch of other stuff postgresql 6.2.1 was complaining about that it needed. Boy! am I sorry I did that.
What a mess. My dotmatrix
printer now prints a line a minute. Still can't figure that one out. Fixed startx.
Anyway you mentioned changing /bin/bash to some other shell. I tried csh and it made it possible to login. But when I tried to run some scripts I got
segmentation fault.
So I reinstalled libreadline2 from cdrom. Booted and I get my usuual login prompt.

Now maybe you can help. How do I get libreadling2 to install. With it I can run the
progres psql. Without it I get a buzzing sound until I control-C.

I think I still have libc6 in there. But maybe that's  why am having trouble with printing.

Also can you tell me what version of progres you run .

Incidently I sent you a message a few days before I got into this jam.
To olly@lfix.co.uk and pointed out to you that the URL in your signature is broken.

Thanks.

Chuma