Re: mail domain

On Fri, 14 Nov 1997, David Gaudine wrote:

> I have a similar problem; when I run pine I get the message
>    incomplete maildomain "annette"
>    Return address in mail you send may be incorrect
> Like you, my /etc/defaultdomain is correct and I created /etc/domainname,
> and /cat/sys/kernel/domainname returned (none) so I changed it to
> concordia.ca.
>
> The only clue I have is that I think the problem started when I upgraded
> using Hamm about a week ago.  I upgrade every few days, so if there was a
> problem it was with a package that was updated last week.  But, then I
> would expect everyone to have the same problem, which would then
> magically disappear at the next update.

You can't assume it'll just go away...  First the problem needs to be
identified and associated to a specific package, then a bug report needs
to be filed... and finally someone tries to fix it.  I don't think anybody
knows which package this is related to.

.. Your problem is exactly like mine, altough I have been running hamm for
a long time and the problem only occur within the last two weeks (before
running BIND).

-Paul