Re: Modem configuration

I used minicom fairly extensively when first setting up ppp.  I think it
would be worth your time to download that perhapd from win 95 and install
it.  Then you can check if your modem is installed right.  Mine is on an
odd port and interrupt (I don't remember which now) but I never had to
worry about that interrupt, since it is consistent for a given com port.
I just told the software (ppp or minicom) what serial device to use (you
can set up a singe device pointing to the correct device if you wish).
If you have your modem dialing than there are some other tricks that will
be useful to know.  Exactly how far along the process are you?